Friday, December 7, 2012

Sparkle and Glitter Challenge - White Winter

Today, December 7 , kicks off a new challenge on the Rick St. Dennis challenge blog Sparkle and Glitter. Our theme this time is White Winter. It's such an exciting challenge to try to create mostly within a white palette. Snow, of course, is the first thing to come to mind but you will be amazed at the breadth of the creations the Elite Design Team came up with. Here's my entry, a pop-up card. The Rick St. Dennis stamps I used are Three Chimney Cottage and Frosty Junior . I also used trees from Third Coast, Stampscapes and Beeswax and the bunnies are from PSX (no longer in print).


I included a shot taken at a bit of an angle to try to show the depth of the pop-ups. I have always admired this kind of card but other than a pop out fold in a single piece of paper, I hadn't tried it. It was a lot more challenging than I had anticipated as each element had to be far enough back on the flat part to be enclosed when the card shuts. I did mess up the bunnies by about 1/8 of an inch and their little ears protrude when the card is shut. The other difficulty was that the braces had to be measured so exactly - not my strong suit so my card doesn't close all that well.


If working within a restricted palette, or snow, or traditional Christmas themes inspire you, head on over to the Sparkle and Glitter blog and show us your whites!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous project/pop-up card for the new challenge Sharon! Love it! Greetings, Caroline

Hazel (Didos) said...

I love this project Sharon, its amazing, what a great creation, Love Hazelxo

DonnaMundinger said...

This pop up is just breathtaking, Sharon! Gorgeous, work! xxD

Love crafts forever said...

Sharon your card are spectacular!!! Love it to bits.
Hugs Nat

~Lady B~ said...

Wow! I love the dimension in your project! It must have taken forever and a day, but wow! What an incredible result! Your work always inspires me :)