Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Food For Thought











In the spirit of getting back to why I started this blog, to share the art and craft of what I and my friends are working on, I wanted to post the pages of a gorgeous fabric and paper book my sister Kate made for my bithday. I was surprised to get a handmade gift at all this year since she had been working on a quilted wall hanging for her sister-in-law. We share an interest in good food and she had quotes she wanted to use and some new techniques to try. The second page is a paint to paint transfer of a magazine image and is quite lovely but my favorite is her collage to accompany the food for thought quote from Walt Kelly. I hope this wonderful gift inspires me to get back to paper/fabric experiments.

1 comment:

Dieverdog said...

I love these! Seems your sister has your play-on-words sense of humor! These sound kind of like things you might come up with. I love the layers and textures - and the colors too. I want to get back to making art stuff too - been too long!