Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 13 of the 31 Days of Halloween

Do you know the expression, "the tail wags the dog"? Well. that's what these wooden legs, purchased for 99 cents sometime in September, did to me. I kept plugging away at it but the legs were in charge of the style and the size of the project the whole time. I got to get out my old Dremel scroll saw and cut the upper body and arms - learned you should stamp before you cut on pieces that small! The arm stamps are from Burnt Offerings. The bats from Inkadinkado. I made the background paper from merging a PS paper of mine and the one that Jean was giving away on her blog. I tried the flower thing but not accomplished at that yet.



The bloghop continues from here to Lisa's beautiful creations. Or if you want the rules, start at the beginning on Terra's blog - first in the blogroll to the right. Thank you Hoppers for all of your kind comments! 
Do you know the expression, "the tail wags the dog"/

15 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

The art like this amazes me the patience it takes to do it...awesome doll
hugs,
susan s.

Dieverdog said...

This turned out great! I didn't know what you were talking about at first but then I recognized the legs. I love the color scheme with the blue, ivory and black! A lovely departure - reminds me a bit of old movies somehow. I love what you did with her and the wings - this wing theme you are going for this year is just great!

LisaVeronica said...

I love everything about this! so cool

blackdragon said...

I have had a look at your wonderful work every day of this hop but never have time to comment much...but today i really just wanted to tell you that your work (every piece) is amazing and inspirational. You have the most gorgeous stamps and every thing you do is so beautifully thought out and put together.
Sharon i am a huge admirer.:)
BDx

Steph said...

She's amazing! What a fabulous project from her legs to her wings to all the white details on the frame. And your flowers are lovely I think you did a great job on those too.

xfilekc said...

She is assembled so well and the wings are perfect, feels like she's lost somewhere. I love the detailing around the frame.

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Dazzling composition! She's really wonderful!

~Lady B~ said...

Wow! I'm blown away! This is beyond gorgeous! I am memorized!!!

Unknown said...

she is awesome love her
hugs xxx

Julia said...

This is awesome!
Hugs,
Julia

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous doll and the background really suits her. Very artsy indeed! xxD

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Ooo I love her, she's stunning!

Pam S. said...

Fabulous card. I love how a supply can dictate the whole project. The sign of a true artist. Thank you for sharing a part of yourself.

silvia said...

AWESOME!!!! LOVE the bats, her wings and her dress!!! Fabulous!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous, I love the added texture on her skirt
Lindsay xx