Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 28 of the 31 Days of Halloween

The living room is the fifth room of my cigar box dollhouse and is populated by Count Dracula and his many bats.  I know you can only see three but they are nesting everywhere - in the curtains, the piano, under the couch. They drive the dogs crazy so the Count must leave lots of bones around to distract Vlad and Bram.



I couldn't seem to find a vampire that wasn't cartoony or that I was allowed to use with other stamps so I fell back on my Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers faceless one and Pam drew this handsome vampire face for me. Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers is now a division of Stamp Francisco - they have scarfed up a lot of the early stamp companies and have an amazing collection of vintage looking stamps! The dogs and curtains are polymer clay. And be sure to zoom in on the detail photo and look at that cool coffee table - an internet find! All the paper furniture and figures have been fussy cut and layered with at least three layers for a bit of dimension.

I saw so many wonderful projects yesterday and many people who are expressing a little sadness that we are getting close to done. I still have a bunch of ideas, but I'm ready to get this house glued together and move on to other subject matter. Thanks for all of your kind comments!!


11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

These rooms are so freakin' cool! I can't wait to see them all together. I'm one of those people who will be very sad to see this hop end. xxD

Pam S. said...

Each room has been so amazing with detail. I can't wait to see the whole thing put together. Thank you for sharing a part of you.

~Lady B~ said...

Wow! So much work goes into these rooms and you pay such close attention to details. I am just blown away! I, too, want to see a pic of all the rooms grouped together. Like you, the hop has been fun, but I am ready to move on. I do creepy almost everyday of the year anyway. I have loved seeing all of your amazing projects! You are one talented lady!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Another miniature masterpiece! Your cigar box dolls house is going to look divine!

Unknown said...

Another great room looks awesome
Hugs xxx

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Fabulous!

Steph said...

What a cozy living room! Can't wait to see your house all put together :)

blackdragon said...

You are a genius... nothing more to say.
BDx

Rick said...

I love the way youve coloured the figures to make them work together-brilliant---wonderful job

silvia said...

Great scene!! LOVE the dog with fangs!!

Dieverdog said...

I'm thinking this is my favorite room so far maybe. I love Vlad and Bram! The owl is pretty neat, too. Well you know I'm a sucker for animals. I like how you worked the head onto the vampire, it worked out great. I think the couch is pretty awesome, too. I love how you found just the right furniture for your house. I know it was a LOT, LOT, LOT of work!!!