Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 Days of Halloween - Day 16



Seetharaman Skeleton is back with page 3 of the Monster's Ball faux scrapbook. The page features a double fold program and the music playlist from the back of the program. Believe it or not, this took all day yesterday and it was almost done before yesterday. If you're wanting to go digital to speed things up, it's kind of like getting into rubber stamping to save money on greeting cards. Just not going to happen!

The music play list was mostly nicked from a Tender Thoughts greeting card my hubby thought might be useful. It was! However Moondance by Van Morrison and Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival were in the movie "American Werewolf in London", a great Halloween movie but not for kids, and Eye of the Zombie is an ear-splitting trip by John Fogerty.

Stamps include a free digi from Stampers Best, Happy Halloween House, Martha Stewart's Dracula, chair, lil bird, Third Coast's desk, 100 Proof Press's bookshelf, chandalier, clock, band members, maybe window, Artful Illusion's grand staircase, skeletons, Stamper's Anonymous' program greeter, various and sundry things by Inkadinkado. I know I've missed a lot. Sorry all you wonderful stamp companies! The ballroom scene elements were stamped and scanned and then composited in Photoshop.

I showed two shots of the ballroom, one a photograph taken without enough light for any depth of field and the second using the PS file and warping it to match the shape of the first one. The difference in color is all in the printing.

Reading through everyone's posts yesterday, it seems like a bit of exhaustion is setting in. I know that I didn't think I would get this done in time and I see it's getting close. Hang in there, we'll probably get our collective third breath any time now!!



12 comments:

KristyLee said...

Sharon,
Wow girl this is so super fabulous! You have totally rock this out! I love all the detail you have put into this, your so creative, Just LOVE it! Love the inside w/ the stairs, and pumpkins, skeletons, oh my.... Love your monsters ball!
Your so cool!
Peace,
KristyLee

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW! I just adore your Monster's Ball creations. How fun and FABULOUS! xxD

Dieverdog said...

Sorry I've arrived late to the ball! I've been so super busy! You knocked this out of the park! Love all of it! Neat how you did it digitally from stamp scans - probably made it easier to size things for proportion, I'd guess. Love you got the little guy in the picture on the wall! He's so cute. He's from Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, isn't he? I'm off to see all the rest - I'm working backwards it seems.

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Wow... You have done an amazing job on this layout!!! Wowzers... I bet it took all day!! I would have taken me alot longer than that, that is for sure!!! It is so beautiful... I just don't know where to start complimenting you on it!!! So I will just say... You are amazing and that I love everything!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow awesome love this fantastic work
Luv Jane xxx

Steph said...

This is so magnificent! All the details you've included, wow. I want to go to this monsters ball!

Monique's art said...

wow this is so fabulous, I love all the dancing skellies, great job

Susan said...

HANDS DOWN, the BEST project so far in this hop...In MY opinion!

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE IT!!! it is so very cool,clever, imaginative, and I can see all the work you've put into it...even the digital stuff.

5 Zombie Fingers!
Hugs,
Susan

ike said...

This is utterly amazing - love all the skellies on that inside page. The whol thing is just glorious. My fave song..... 'You've got a Fiend' ... hahahahaha :-D

~Lady B~ said...

Super creative and totally gorgeous! You were so correct with your analogy of digital projects...so true!

Scrap Vamp said...

That is FABULOUS! So cool and creative!

bonniebluedenim said...

Excellent! I want a monster ball!