Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meshy Mirrors




This is my entry for the Smeared and Smudged January Bloghop - the challenge is MESH IT.


I had gotten myself some nice Christmas presents, Photoshop CS5 and a book called Digital Art Wonderland by Ange Sullins and Silas Toball. So when the bloghop notice was posted, I was already knee deep in this as a learning project. The mesh idea seemed a wonderful way to differentiate their arches. I grabbed a new meshy dishcloth and an old green onion bag. Seriously, who doesn't save all of their old mesh onion bags? They were scanned into PS, given a blending mode and a layer mask (I learned how to transfer one from another layer).


Then I needed to add the undersea stamps to the sea side. They are Seahorse by Rubber Stamp Avenue, Bubbles by Impressive Stamps, and Spiral Shell by Impression Obseession. The border stamp down the middle is from Ann-ticipations, one of my favorites. I found the quote online and it seemed appropriately creepy.


If you happened upon this accidentally, check out all of the other great entries in the S & S January bloghop from the blogroll in the side bar.

13 comments:

ike said...

Ooooh - totally AWESOME. I love these. I am glad you are having fun working through PS - maybe I can snitch some tips sometime ??? Hugz x

Alison said...

Brilliant use of the mesh! What a wonderful creation you made! Love the faces.

KristyLee said...

Sharon,
What great Christmas gifts to get! I want to try digital (When I get time to learn) But I really love your 12
Meshy Mirrors project! You are so good w/ digital stuff!
Peace,
Kristy

I Don't Do Straight said...

Love everything about this piece....Fab!!!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Sharon, this is awesome. Loving the 2 looks to the imagery. Hx

Heather said...

Wow, I'm really impressed by your digital skills and what an amazing effect with the mesh.

KC said...

this is so awesome!! those faces are creepy cool! great digital work!

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Wow... these are so awesome and lucky you! Santa was soooo good to you! I am so glad that you are playing with your new program! You are doing a wonderful job! Hugs!

Dieverdog said...

You always manage to blow me away! And you always get such cool sayings! I love the mirror Images -reminds me of a Star Trek and they had mirror opposite evil twins in some world they visited. You'll have to show me how you did this!

Monique's art said...

wow this is wonderfull, you are a digital wizzard

blackdragon said...

I'm on my knees bowing.... i am awestruck....Hauntingly beautiful.
You are so skilled with the digi art.... one day i would love to be able to do something 1% as good as this.
YOU ARE ONE AMAZING LADY.
love BD x

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

you are awesome with this art. i love people that have your gift i do not..i just watch in awe.

susan s.

Unknown said...

Love your project great work
Luv Jane xxx